4G LTE Advanced FDD and TDD; 3G HSPA+ and TD-SCDMA; 2G-EDGE Modem with Integrated World-Band Radio
The BCM21892 is the world's first 3GPP 4G LTE FDD & TDD; 3G HSPA+ &TD-SCDMA; and 2G-EDGE modem with integrated radio, designed for smartphones and tablets that require 4G connectivity, backward compatibility with legacy networks, and ultrasmall form factors.
The device supports LTE FDD and TDD with 150/50 Mbps DL/UL peaks speeds as defined under UE Category 4 speeds, and also achieves Category 4 performance through support of 3GPP_Rel.10 LTE carrier aggregation. The integrated world radio features a tuning range that can support any of the dedicated 41 3GPP bands to ensure global carrier and frequency spectrum compatibility.
Important for service providers is the full IMS stack and VoLTE/Video call support as defined in the GSMA IR.92 and IR.94 specifications, enabling HD-quality voice calls over the LTE network.
A Broadcom proprietary Global Coexistence Interface (GCI) for optimal LTE-to-Wi-Fi/Bluetooth coexistence performance is included to further enhance the capabilities of the 3GPP WCI standard that is also supported.
To manage power consumption the BCM21892 provides a number of power reducing technologies like advanced state and link management as well as Envelope tracking. Together these technologies constitute Broadcom's advanced PROPEL power management solution.
- Complete 4G/3G/2G modem that complies with:
-Release 10 LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation
-Release 9 3G/2G
-Release 9 TD-SCDMA
- Very low system power consumption
- Minimal PCB layout area and height requirements
- Supports LTE FDD and TDD modes
- Supports Category 4 data rates of 150Mbps/50Mbps (Dl/UL) in 20MHz carriers and thru 20MHz Carrier Aggregation
- LTE intraband and interband carrier aggregation supports DL using two component carriers
- Supports all 4G LTE bands: B1-29 LTE-FDD and B33-41 LTE TDD